Fixed ladders offer safety, strength and stability
For any building code, for any building need, A-Mezz can supply a heavy-duty roof access ladder and gate solution that is both safe and strong. A-Mezz can supply OSHA-compliant fixed ladders for nearly any structure, from walls and warehouses to silos bridges and roof hatches.
Our fixed ladders, cages and safety gates are coated with a tough powder coat finish. Choose from 11 ladder colors including gray, black, safety yellow, beige and brown. Mill finish aluminum, stainless steel and hot dip galvanized options are also available.
Fixed ladders can be customized with:
- Longer standoff brackets to clear roof gutters, flashing, coping, conduit and other ladder obstructions
- Step across platforms and parapet crossover rails for tall (greater than 14") parapets, gutters that extend more than 5" from the wall, wall crossovers, and areas where the step across distance from the ladder rung to the nearest step-off point is greater than 12".
- Lockable security ladder rung gate at the bottom ladder rungs or the lockable cage doors at the bottom of cages for increased safety and security. Helps to prevent unauthorized ladder access by both inquisitive children as well as criminals such as copper thieves.
- Loose standoff brackets for bolting or welding onto the access ladder in the field for instances where your site conditions require custom ladder bracket locations or varying lengths.
- Modular construction of 7' or smaller sections for the ladders and ladder cages for tougher to get to install locations
- Bolt on floor mount brackets increased ladder stability and strength
- Increased ladder side member sizes for extra heavy duty access ladder needs.
Please let us know about your special site conditions and we will work with you to come up with an economic solution to meet OSHA and ANSI federal safety standards.
Closeup of ladder rung and side member construction
Learn more about our steel ladders and ladder safety gates:
Standard Fixed Ladder (FS)
Fixed Ladder with Walkthru Handrails (FW)
Fixed Ladder with Safety Cages (FSC)
Fixed Ladder with Walkthru Handrails and Safety Cages (FWC)
Welded Steel Cage (C)
MLG Ladder Safety Gates
Our FS series ladders (Fixed Standard ladder) are the most basic of the four types permanent access ladders. These stationary ladders can be used with roof hatches, manholes and also in instances that require a side exit such as the photo below. This ladder is appropriate for climbs under 20' only, as OSHA standards require a cage on all ladder climbs over 20'.
- Ladder Use: Climbing less than 20' with hatchway or side step access.
- Ladder Assembly: FS fixed ladders are heavy duty. Most sizes are one-piece welded construction. Modular option available for easy transport and assembly.
- Ladder Side Members: ¼" x 2" x 2" steel angle.
- Ladder Climbing Rungs: ¾" corrugated steel round rungs with 12" centers and 7" standoff brackets.
- Fixed Ladder Capacity: 300 lbs.
Permanent access ladder (FS Series) used for emergency egress
with side exit from mezzanine catwalk
Our FW series ladders (Fixed Walk-through ladder) have a 42" walk through handrail as required by OSHA standards. This ladder would be appropriate for accessing roof tops from the exterior of the building, to access mezzanines and other elevated platforms, docks and can also be used as wall crossover ladders. As with the FS ladders, the FW ladders are an uncaged option so they can only be used on climbs of 20' or less.
- Same specs as Fixed Ladder (FS) above with additional handrail feature
- Ladder Use: Climbing less than 20’ with safe landing access
- Fixed Ladder Walk Through Handrails: 42" above landing surface. Made of 1" diameter tubing spaced 24" apart to meet OSHA 1910.27 standards
- Fixed ladder with walk through handrails are also available with a self supported walk through handrail for those unique installation requirements such as a low parapet, sloped roof, un-penetrable roof membrane, etc.
- Ladder Mounting Brackets are included on all fixed roof ladders
Our FSC series ladders (Fixed Standard Caged ladder) are the same as the FS ladders, only these ladders have a cage installed. The FSC caged ladders are available for climbs of 11' up to 30'. Due to federal safety standards (OSHA1910.27) the maximum climb allowed is 30'. All climbs greater require the climb to be broken with two or more ladders. The cage is available with a side exit at the top to allow the climber to exit to one side while still being protected by the ladder cage.
- Same specs as Fixed Ladder with additional Safety Cage feature
- Ladder with Cage Use: Climbing 11' to 30' with hatchway or side step access
- Ladder Safety Cage is flared at the bottom for easy entry. Designed for OSHA standards
- Side Step Ladder Cage Design: Left or right side step access cage design available at no additional charge
Our FWC series ladders (Fixed Walk-through Caged ladder) have the same 42" walk-through handrail as the FW series ladders, as well as a cage that runs 42" above the top rung. This series of access ladders are available on climbs of 8' up to 30' high. The FWC fixed vertical ladders with safety cage and walk through handrails have welded one-piece construction on 10 to 14 rung models, and convenient spliced sections on 15 rung models and taller.
- Same specs as Fixed Ladder with additional Walk Through Handrails & Safety Cage features
- Safety cages are designed to OSHA specifications with flared bottom opening for easy entry
- Walk through handrails are made of 1" diameter tubing and spaced 24" apart for convenient pass through
- Cage begins 6' 9" from bottom rung
Modular bolt-on welded steel cage section for access ladder
with ladder handrail to meet OSHA standards
Our steel ladder cages are designed for use either with our FS ladders or with other existing ladders. They are available in a bolt on version to work with our fixed roof ladders, or as weld on to other ladder styles. Let us know your ladder height, width and side members constructions and we will match the proper prefabricated cage with your existing access ladder. The welded steel cage is available for ladders with both the walk through handrail and those without.
- Use: To attach to existing fixed ladders up to 20" wide
- Assembly: Heavy-duty one piece welded. Modular spliced cage sections are also available for easier maneuverable to install location.
- Standard Lengths: Wide range from 7'6" to 27'6"
- Custom Length: Cage should begin 7'-8' above floor and extend 42" above landing surface (except for hatchways)
- Cage Design: Flared at the bottom for easy entry. Designed for OSHA standards
- Welded steel cages are available as a weld on unit, or as a bolt on design to attach to your existing fixed roof ladder (FS or FW models)
Self closing ladder safety gate - safety yellow finish
attached with U-bolts to square tube
Ladder Safety Gates
A fixed ladder is just part of the safety story. A self-closing swing gate can help you fully comply with OSHA standards and improve worker safety. A-Mezz safety gates are engineered with the same heavy-duty materials as our ladders. They can be used on mezzanines, stairways, ladders and more. They attach to round or square pipe, flat stock, angle iron and can even be attached to a flat wall.
A-Mezz ladder safety gates are safe, versatile and easy to install.
- Safe - A-Mezz ladder safety gates match strict OSHA specifications.
- Dimensions, spacing and opening coverage are all designed with your workers in mind.
- Versatile - Hinge assembly fits many railing types and flat surfaces.
- Can be used on unique or large surfaces.
- Ladder safety gates come in 7 sizes.
- Gates can be adjusted for a proper (and safe) fit.
- Easy to install - Gates arrive fully assembled.
- Takes 5 minutes with a ½" wrench.
- U-bolts are included.
- To change the ladder safety gate's swing direction, simply turn it over.
Safety ladder inspection checklist:
Ladders and safety gates face strict OSHA regulations. To help you meet code, we highly recommend a consulting session with an A-Mezz expert
Fixed Ladder Worksheet for locations with parapets and gutters:
Request Ladders Quote